12 Benefits of Miso:
1. Contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
2. Stimulates the secretion of digestive fluids in the stomach.
3. Restores beneficial probiotics to the intestines.
4. Aids in the digestion and assimilation of other foods in the intestines.
5. Is a good vegetable-quality source of copper manganese and a good source of vitamin K, protein, zinc, phosphorus, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty, B vitamins (especially B12).
Nutrient Density Of Miso
6. Strengthens the quality of blood and lymph fluid.
7. Reduces risk of cancers for breast, prostate, lung and colon.
8. Protects against radiation due to dipilocolonic acid, an alkaloid that chelates heavy metals and discharges them from the body. The binding agent zybicolin in miso is effective in detoxifying and eliminating elements that are taken into the body through industrial pollution, radioactivity and artificial chemicals in the soil and food system.
9. Strengthens the immune system and helps to lower LDL cholesterol.
10. Is high in antioxidants that protect against free radicals.
11. Helps preserve beautiful skin - miso contains linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that helps your skin stay soft and free of pigments.
12. Helps reduce menopausal complaints - the isoflavones in miso have been shown to reduce hot flashes because it is able to fill estrogen receptors and produce some of the actions of estrogen in the body.